Wed, Aug 14|
WCGA Goes to Ireland
YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR SPOT DIRECTLY WITH THE RESORT.
Time & Location
Aug 14, 2024, 3:00 PM – Aug 18, 2024, 3:00 PM
Downings, Rosapenna, Downings, Co. Donegal, F92 PN73, Ireland
About the event
***YOU MUST RESERVE YOUR SPOT DIRECTLY WITH THE RESORT***
Experience golf at the oldest golf resort in the world located on Ireland’s west coast. Join WCGA and
other wonderful women of all golf skill levels for three days of golf staying at the Rosapenna Hotel and
Golf Resort in Ireland. Rosapenna has views of Sheephaven Bay and located on the Wild Atlantic Way,
set between two sandy beaches and within 800 acres of rugged links along the beautiful Donegal
- 4 nights hotel accommodations at the Rosapenna Hotel and Golf Resort, home of three golfcourses, including Old Tom Morris Links designed by Old Tom Morris of St. Andrews in 1893, Sandy Hills Links, and St. Patrick’s Links (rated #55 in the world);
- Greens fees and tee times included for the three golf courses; and
- Daily breakfast and two evening meals.
- Cost per person: Double occupancy 1,240 pounds (currently, with exchange rate is about $1,577 US dollars); Single occupancy 1,820 pounds (currently about $2,315). These are bay view junior suite rooms.
- Non-refundable deposits of 200 pounds (about $255) by September 1, 2023 to hold your room.
- Reservations can be made after September 1 st but rates/rooms are not guaranteed.
*If you need transportation from the airport (Belfast or Dublin) to the resort, they recommended
Donald at Donegal Coaches at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
**For golf club rentals, the pro shop manager recommended: https://clubs4hire.com/.
- Tuesday, 8/13: After work on Tuesday, depart from Dulles for overnight flight to Dublin
- Wednesday, 8/14: Check in to Rosepenna Resort, rest and have a day on your own. The resort is a little over three-hour drive from Dublin Airport or two hours from Belfast Airport. WCGA is checking group rates for transportation from the Dublin airport.
- Thursday, 8/15: Play one of the three golf courses (Old Tom Morris, Sandy Hills Links, or St. Patrick’s Links) followed by optional group dinner at the resort’s Vardon Restaurant.
- Friday, 8/16: Play one of the three golf courses. Rest of the day is your own.
- Saturday, 8/17: Play one of the three golf courses. Optional group dinner at resort restaurant.
- Sunday, 8/18: Check-out and depart.
Not Included: Any item not specifically mentioned as included such as, but not limited to, airfare, club
rental, optional insurance or any items of a personal nature. Again, breakfast is included and two dinner
meals but other meals are not included.
Deposit and Payment Requirements: A non-refundable deposit of 200 pounds per person is required to
secure reservations by September 1, 2023. You can pay the deposit directly to the resort and mention the group name of Women’s Congressional Golf Association (WCGA).
Passport: VALID U.S. PASSPORT REQUIRED FOR TRAVEL
For reservations or information contact:
Reservations Office, Rosapenna Hotel & Golf Resort
Phone: +353 (0)74 91 55301
Any other WCGA questions/feedback, please contact:
Other resort amenities: There are extensive practice golf facilities including driving ranges and 12-hole Pitch’n’Putt course that is ideal for beginners. The resort includes an indoor heated swimming pool, whirlpool, sauna, and steam room. You can arrange for massage/body treatments.
Videos of the courses/resort:
Official video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i7UJKACSUM
Adventures in Golf Season 7: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v11KGLpl43k
Depending on tee times and other availability, side trips/tours may be added as optional. If there is a tour that you’d like to recommend for the group, feel free to email Sally at email@example.com.